Blanche Week! Let The Best Quipster Win
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 28 2013 12:18 PM ET
There is no greater compliment among comedians than to be taken down in a roast — and so in that spirit we launch Blanche Week. It's like a roast, only gayer.
For the next few days, we invite everyone — comedian and class clown — to rib some of our favorite LGBT celebs. Starting now, if you tweet a joke about anyone on our list and use the hashtag #Blanched, then you have a chance of becoming incredibly famous.
And by famous, we mean, we'll change our Twitter background to your face.
Here are the six subjects of our love:
- Anderson Cooper
- Lady Gaga
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Perez Hilton
- Jodie Foster
Our comedy editor, Jami Smith, will pick the 10 best jokes from Twitter. The ones with the most retweets will be heavy favorites for the final list.
Then we'll invite all of you to come back and vote on the finalists for Best Blancher Ever. And whoever gets the most votes will be vaunted into super stardom via The Advocate's Twitter account.
Heck, we're even going to make your face our Twitter avatar on Gaysayer, our feed exclusively for LGBT comedy. And we'll write a little something about the winners next week.
So, get wise-cracking.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People