Help Alec Mapa Pay For Baby Daddy
BY Jami Smith
June 03 2013 5:37 PM ET
Last year, comedian Alec Mapa was nominated for a GLAAD award for his hilarious and inspiring one-man show, Baby Daddy, which focuses on the harrowing process of foster adoption and life as a new gay parent. The show was a huge success with audiences lucky enough to see it in New York or Los Angeles. Now with the help of Kickstarter, Mapa wants to tell his story to the world by filming Baby Daddy live and making it available as a digital download.
"There's a lot of talking heads out there right now who are trying to decide whether or not gay marriage is a good idea or if kids adopted by people like us would be better off somewhere else," he said of the project in his Kickstarter video.
With only 19 days left in his Kickstarter campaign, Mapa still needs help to reach his goal. Learn more about Mapa in the recent Advocate profile of his family. Then skip that dessert and throw in a few bucks here.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis