Judgment Gay: Daily Show Mocks Justice Scalia
BY Lucas Grindley
June 27 2013 11:56 AM ET
Justice Scalia's dissent on the Defense of Marriage Act was filled with snarky comments and mocked on Wednesday by The Daily Show.
"He firmly believes that it is inappropriate and arrogant for the court to strike down a decades old Congressional law," reported Samantha Bee from the steps of the Supreme Court.
"Really?" anchor John Oliver asked. "Didn't he just help overturn the Voting Rights Act of 1965, literally yesterday?"
"Well, like I said, this is a firmly held belief of Scalia's that he has held for... approximately 36 hours now."
"To be fair to him, Sam, that is hundreds and hundreds of minutes."
Watch the report below.
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check