Judgment Gay: Daily Show Mocks Justice Scalia
BY Lucas Grindley
June 27 2013 11:56 AM ET
Justice Scalia's dissent on the Defense of Marriage Act was filled with snarky comments and mocked on Wednesday by The Daily Show.
"He firmly believes that it is inappropriate and arrogant for the court to strike down a decades old Congressional law," reported Samantha Bee from the steps of the Supreme Court.
"Really?" anchor John Oliver asked. "Didn't he just help overturn the Voting Rights Act of 1965, literally yesterday?"
"Well, like I said, this is a firmly held belief of Scalia's that he has held for... approximately 36 hours now."
"To be fair to him, Sam, that is hundreds and hundreds of minutes."
Watch the report below.
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- WATCH: Oregon Gov. Emotionally Signs Conversion Therapy Ban Into Law
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All