Judgment Gay: Daily Show Mocks Justice Scalia
BY Lucas Grindley
June 27 2013 10:56 AM ET
Justice Scalia's dissent on the Defense of Marriage Act was filled with snarky comments and mocked on Wednesday by The Daily Show.
"He firmly believes that it is inappropriate and arrogant for the court to strike down a decades old Congressional law," reported Samantha Bee from the steps of the Supreme Court.
"Really?" anchor John Oliver asked. "Didn't he just help overturn the Voting Rights Act of 1965, literally yesterday?"
"Well, like I said, this is a firmly held belief of Scalia's that he has held for... approximately 36 hours now."
"To be fair to him, Sam, that is hundreds and hundreds of minutes."
Watch the report below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Hagel's Exit Leaves Unfinished Business For LGBT Military Members, Advocates