WATCH: Stephen Colbert Enraged by 'Girly' Marine Hats
BY Jase Peeples
October 25 2013 1:45 PM ET
When news broke that the Department of Defense was considering changing the style of hats used by the Marines, some conservatives cried foul, with one Fox News commenter claiming the proposed change signaled the “feminization of the Marine Corps.”
Of course, Stephen Colbert couldn’t let a military blunder such as this slide without underscoring the panic already in progress. The Colbert Report host weighed in on the “hatastrophe” with side-by-side comparisons of the new and old uniform accessories, and offered a few of his own observations.
“It’s so feminine I’m ovulating looking at them,” he said. “Those hats might as well be made of tampons and copies of Eat, Pray, Love. I mean, those two extra inches are the difference between Marine and Maurine.”
Colbert also warned this change was clearly the beginning of a fashion emergency for the U.S. military as our soldiers would soon “be wearing Georgia O’Keeffe paintings.”
Watch Colbert's satirical take below:
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death