WATCH: Stephen Colbert Enraged by 'Girly' Marine Hats
BY Jase Peeples
October 25 2013 1:45 PM ET
When news broke that the Department of Defense was considering changing the style of hats used by the Marines, some conservatives cried foul, with one Fox News commenter claiming the proposed change signaled the “feminization of the Marine Corps.”
Of course, Stephen Colbert couldn’t let a military blunder such as this slide without underscoring the panic already in progress. The Colbert Report host weighed in on the “hatastrophe” with side-by-side comparisons of the new and old uniform accessories, and offered a few of his own observations.
“It’s so feminine I’m ovulating looking at them,” he said. “Those hats might as well be made of tampons and copies of Eat, Pray, Love. I mean, those two extra inches are the difference between Marine and Maurine.”
Colbert also warned this change was clearly the beginning of a fashion emergency for the U.S. military as our soldiers would soon “be wearing Georgia O’Keeffe paintings.”
Watch Colbert's satirical take below:
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule