The 10 Cattiest, Craziest Antigay Comments of 2013
BY Jase Peeples
December 24 2013 7:00 AM ET
Gordon Klingenschmitt: Trans Equality Is the Demon of Rape
Noted homophobe and disgraced former Navy chaplain Gordon Klingenschmitt expanded his vitriol in 2013 to encompass not only gay and lesbian people but transgender people as well. On his program Pray in Jesus Name in November, Klingenschmitt referred to parents who support trans youth as child abusers and vilified those fighting for trans equality, telling his viewers, “There’s not just a demon of deception here or confusion or sexual immorality, but there is a demon of rape inside of this movement [that intends] to violate your daughters.”
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'