The 10 Cattiest, Craziest Antigay Comments of 2013
BY Jase Peeples
December 24 2013 7:00 AM ET
Brian Camenker: Gays Provoke Bashings and Can’t Be Athletes due to Psychological Issues
According to right-wing activist Brian Camenker, who leads the antigay group MassResistance, LGBT people provoke bashings. While discussing the situation in Russia with fellow homophobe Linda Harvey of Mission America on her radio show in October, Camenker claimed, “The natural way people react to homosexuality — outside of all the diversity training — is a certain amount of revulsion. So if two men start kissing in the public street, you can expect a certain reaction from people.”
“There’s some provocation going on,” he added before claiming that LGBT people don’t have the makings of great athletes because of “the psychological issues that are going through you in the homosexual lifestyle.”
“Because you just need this very high degree of stability, alertness, everything else, so you see almost no athletes, you know, homosexuals in the professional sports or the high level, football leagues or baseball or anything like that, almost none,” he said.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House