The 10 Cattiest, Craziest Antigay Comments of 2013
BY Jase Peeples
December 24 2013 7:00 AM ET
Brian Camenker: Gays Provoke Bashings and Can’t Be Athletes due to Psychological Issues
According to right-wing activist Brian Camenker, who leads the antigay group MassResistance, LGBT people provoke bashings. While discussing the situation in Russia with fellow homophobe Linda Harvey of Mission America on her radio show in October, Camenker claimed, “The natural way people react to homosexuality — outside of all the diversity training — is a certain amount of revulsion. So if two men start kissing in the public street, you can expect a certain reaction from people.”
“There’s some provocation going on,” he added before claiming that LGBT people don’t have the makings of great athletes because of “the psychological issues that are going through you in the homosexual lifestyle.”
“Because you just need this very high degree of stability, alertness, everything else, so you see almost no athletes, you know, homosexuals in the professional sports or the high level, football leagues or baseball or anything like that, almost none,” he said.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving