WATCH: The Pope Has His Own Version of Tiger Beat Magazine
BY Jami Smith
March 13 2014 10:20 AM ET
By popely standards, this Pope Francis is pretty hip. The Catholic church must agree because, in an effort to capitalize on his pope-ularity, there's a new weekly grocery store fanzine — complete with a glossy pinup of the pontiff called "Il Mio Papa" or "My Pope."
No one seems more excited about adorning his bedroom walls with dreamy pics of his favorite idol than "papal fanboy" Stephen Colbert. The Colbert Report host marveled at the church's ability to adapt with modern times by quipping, "Starting a new print magazine. This proves that the church is only half a century behind the times."
Colbert then showed off his centerfold photo. "Look at that dreamboat. This is going on my dream board right next to my Cardinal Dolan Shetland pony collage."
Watch the full clip below:
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island