#TBT: The Most Ridiculous Vintage Underwear Ads We Could Find
BY Christopher Harrity
March 27 2014 4:30 AM ET
Men's underpants can be both mysterious and confounding. Selling them in magazines obviously posed problems of context and decency. In an effort to keep things light, many ads ended up going to dark and fetid places. Places you should avoid. Other ads went deep into the wedgie of the double entendre, hopefully blindly. And some ads are simply fun to gawk over. Enjoy!
Scary chasity underwear. "The New Order" indeed.
Inches? A nudist colony? Mild support? Looks like a locker room dust-up about to explode!
Really, Hank, you don't have to play the towel-snapping game now. No one else is here. As soon as I fasten this garter I am going to kiss you very quickly and madly.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role