WATCH: Joan Rivers Returns From Tonight Show Ban with Raunchy Set
BY Jami Smith
April 01 2014 5:30 AM ET
Technically, this is the second time Joan Rivers has appeared on the Tonight Show since she was banned by Johnny Carson in 1987. She made a brief cameo on Jimmy Fallon's inaugural episode along with a slew of other celebrities to wish him well. This time, the 80-year-old comedian appeared as an actual guest, and boy did she come out swinging. Instead of the typical G-rated banter that one would expect from a guest on a late night talk show, Rivers had everyone from Fallon to fellow guest Russell Crowe in tears with her vagina jokes.
Even if Joan Rivers' comedic style isn't your brand of comedy, this clip is worth watching. It's not every day that you see an 80-year-old comedian reduce Russell Crowe, The Roots, and Jimmy Fallon to tears of laughter. Welcome back to the Tonight Show, Joan. It was worth the wait.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'