Our Favorite Colbert Moments
BY Michelle Garcia
April 15 2014 7:06 AM ET
Stephen Colbert has been picked to take over the show that David Letterman has hosted for decades, adding his name to the short list of funny people to send America to sleep in a good mood. Would we have liked an LGBT host? Or a woman? Or a person of color? Yes, of course. But Stephen Colbert is a fine choice nonetheless (though days may be numbered for the Colbert Nation, as we know it, since he's going to drop his fake-conservative act to take over Late Show in 2015). For the uninitiated (or those who just love watching videos of Stephen Colbert), here are 15 of our favorites. But there are plenty more from his career! Tell us your favorite Colbert moments in the comments below.
The notorious roast of President Bush at the 2006 White House Correspondents Dinner. I mean, we liked Stephen Colbert before this happened, but this just proved the guy's got guts...
"We're here, we're sheared, get used to it..."
Remember the hot mess that was the crazy Proposition 8 ad, "A Storm Is Coming," from the National Organization for Marriage? The Colbert Coalition's ad was the equally preposterous answer to that one, as marriage legislation was introduced in New York State in 2009...
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- STUDY: Number of Married Same-Sex Couples Up by 50 Percent in Three Years
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad