#TBT: The 12 Campiest Songs Ever Recorded
BY Christopher Harrity
April 24 2014 6:00 AM ET
Shirley Bassey: "I Who Have Nothing," 1963
She who must be obeyed, Dame Bassey was the queen of thwarted, anguished passion — and belting. No microphone needed.
Vikki Carr: "It Must Be Him," 1967
Knuckle-biting codependence set to music.
Peggy Lee: "Is That All There Is," 1969
Peggy Lee is the undisputed queen of the smoky lounge voice. If you are going to hit bottom on booze and dope, here is the musical background. Just play it over and over till you're dead.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment