WATCH: A Public Service Announcement Against Selfies
BY Jami Smith
May 01 2014 12:24 PM ET
"Every day, thousands of gay men do not leave the house until their selfie gets enough likes for them to feel secure." Gay comedian Phillip Henry is the new Sarah McLachlan in this parody video spoofing the need for validation by taking the perfect selfie. Would you contribute fifty cents a day to this cause if it were real? Maybe the next PSA will be for people who Instagram their food.
Watch the all too true parody PSA below:
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Op-ed: 22 Reasons Queer History Is Important
- EXCLUSIVE: Jennifer Hudson Raises Her Voice for Marriage Equality
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene