WATCH: A Public Service Announcement Against Selfies
BY Jami Smith
May 01 2014 12:24 PM ET
"Every day, thousands of gay men do not leave the house until their selfie gets enough likes for them to feel secure." Gay comedian Phillip Henry is the new Sarah McLachlan in this parody video spoofing the need for validation by taking the perfect selfie. Would you contribute fifty cents a day to this cause if it were real? Maybe the next PSA will be for people who Instagram their food.
Watch the all too true parody PSA below:
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Greg Louganis on Caitlyn Jenner: 'We All Have Our Own Journeys'
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication