#Throwback Thursday: Is Your Body Bathing Suit Ready?
BY Christopher Harrity
May 29 2014 3:00 AM ET
Yep. It's past Memorial Day. You put it off far too long, and you really can't skip a whole summer. Perhaps these glimpses of high-waisted, strappy, liner-less suits from the past will help inspire you to pull it together. Or, like me, you can sign up for the Bacon-of-the-Month Club.
Women aren't the only victims of perfect-body expectations. This 1938 Janzten ad shows the original inspiration for Barbie's legs. On a man.
Sudden bathing suit strap drop syndrome. Get vaccinated.
Belted for your pleasure.
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- A Double Life No More: Top College Swimmer Comes Out
- Vine Star Attempts to Justify Homophobic Video
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Report Finds Russian Police Ignore Anti-LGBT Violence