WATCH: Meryl Streep Can Act the Crap Out of a Traffic Report
BY Jami Smith
June 04 2014 10:14 AM ET
Meryl Streep can do anything. She can shimmy with Pharrell at the Oscars, make Anne Hathaway look likeable, and of course, act the crap out of any role she's given. But can she do it on cue?
Ellen DeGeneres decided to find out by having Streep read mundane things like an oatmeal recipe or a traffic report as different characters. Spoiler alert: She nails it.
Stick around for round two when Emma Thompson goes a little too deep in her method acting and stumps Ellen in an animal guessing game.
Watch the clip below:
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet