#TBT: Sweater Queens
BY Christopher Harrity
August 14 2014 7:45 AM ET
Before frenulum piercings, before neck tattoos, before beardos, a young or young-appearing gay gentleman strove for a relaxed sophistication. Perhaps a nice ID bracelet. A good Cartier tank watch. A class ring. A splash of Guerlain Vetiver. You ordered a dry martini at the bar, unless you had a signature drink like a Rob Roy or a Sazerac. And yes, even though you were in a gay bar, you did not talk about being gay, my dear.
Decked out in sweaters, ascots, and dickeys, the boys felt more than ready for a night of alcohol and bitter laughter.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality