#TBT: Sweater Queens
BY Christopher Harrity
August 14 2014 7:45 AM ET
Before frenulum piercings, before neck tattoos, before beardos, a young or young-appearing gay gentleman strove for a relaxed sophistication. Perhaps a nice ID bracelet. A good Cartier tank watch. A class ring. A splash of Guerlain Vetiver. You ordered a dry martini at the bar, unless you had a signature drink like a Rob Roy or a Sazerac. And yes, even though you were in a gay bar, you did not talk about being gay, my dear.
Decked out in sweaters, ascots, and dickeys, the boys felt more than ready for a night of alcohol and bitter laughter.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- WATCH: CIA Contractor Details Antigay Harassment by Colleagues in War Zone