Op-ed: How I Married 110 Same-Sex Couples
BY Marilee Harrison
September 17 2013 4:05 AM ET
I had just officiated my first wedding for some dear friends the week before and had taken care to craft the ceremony to match their wishes and personalities. Now they were going to start issuing licenses in no time at all, so there would be little time to prepare if I wanted to follow through on these lofty prior intentions.
There was no way to make it there by 2 p.m., but I put it into high gear and cranked out some business cards so folks would at least know who was marrying them. The last thing I threw in the car was my new white robe and multicolored stole with an abstract black ribbon pattern running its length. I hadn’t used it yet, and this would be the perfect occasion, providing the justification for buying it just was simply because I thought it was the most beautiful, colorful, silky thing.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 2 hours 4 min ago
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 2 hours 17 min ago
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 3:37 PM
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 3:36 PM
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert on the Pressure for People Like Maria Bello to Come Out 3:17 PM
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 2:47 PM
- Women Who Was Broadway Producer and Lesbian Cheryl Crawford? 2:41 PM