Op-ed: How I Married 110 Same-Sex Couples
BY Marilee Harrison
September 17 2013 5:05 AM ET
I had just officiated my first wedding for some dear friends the week before and had taken care to craft the ceremony to match their wishes and personalities. Now they were going to start issuing licenses in no time at all, so there would be little time to prepare if I wanted to follow through on these lofty prior intentions.
There was no way to make it there by 2 p.m., but I put it into high gear and cranked out some business cards so folks would at least know who was marrying them. The last thing I threw in the car was my new white robe and multicolored stole with an abstract black ribbon pattern running its length. I hadn’t used it yet, and this would be the perfect occasion, providing the justification for buying it just was simply because I thought it was the most beautiful, colorful, silky thing.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 27 min 45 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 42 min 8 sec ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 1 hour 2 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM