Op-ed: How I Married 110 Same-Sex Couples
BY Marilee Harrison
September 17 2013 5:05 AM ET
Each couple was a unique delight, and though we moved quickly to complete the ceremonies before the end of the day, the couples included me as an honored guest in their deep emotional expressions. I offered a choice between three sets of vows, which personalized the exchange between the partners. The business of obtaining the license gave way to moments of tears and smiles as they made commitments to one another. Little bumps in the process were overlooked, as their focus was on each other and the relief of legal completion in case the opposition shut the window of opportunity again.
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- Clemson University Fans Tell Football Coach to Punt Antigay Fundraiser