Op-ed: The 6 Straight Women That Gay Men Should Avoid
BY Tyler Curry
January 24 2014 8:00 AM ET
It might just be happy hour on a Tuesday night, but this material girl wants you to notice every single flashy label that she has piled on. The sun is going down, but her Dior sunglasses are still perfectly in place. The weather is pleasant, but she is showcasing her latest fur stole. From her blond extensions to her red-bottomed shoes, this showboat is an example of vapid marketing at its worst. But what’s worse is that she believes all gay men are just as obsessed with fashion and labels as she is and she expects you to worship the Louboutins that she walks on.
Not all gay men care about your ensemble, but most of us can quote one famous line from the immortal Coco Chanel: “Before you leave your house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.” In Polly’s case, she should probably take off two or three.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- The 'Ex-Gay' Candidate for Missouri Governor
- Queer Women in Their 30s Give Advice to Their 20-Something Selves
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans