LGBT Heroes to Remember
BY Neal Broverman
August 05 2011 6:00 AM ET UPDATED: December 13 2012 4:00 PM ET
It was just another day in December 2012 for Allan Fonseca working at a Lancome makeup counter in a Macy's store when a gunman opened fire, killing two people before turning the gun on himself. Fonseca was lauded as a hero afterward for helping customers safely escape the Oregon mall, the Clackamas Town Center. He first guided customer Jocelyn Lay out of the building during the shooting. Once Lay was safe, Fonesca went back inside the mall twice to help other shoppers escape.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More More Racist Than Antigay?
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star