Detroit Police Search for Missing Trans Teen
BY Winston Gieseke
November 09 2011 3:20 PM ET
More details have emerged in the case of a transgender teenager from Detroit who went missing two weeks ago.
The Detroit Free Press reports that Henry Hilliard Jr., 19, who goes by the names Shelley or Treasure, was last seen at 1:20 a.m. October 23 when a cab driver she often used for transportation dropped her off at home.
Hilliard’s mother, Lyniece Nelson, said three men were waiting for the teenager when she arrived home. Immediately after the cab drove away, a concerned Hilliard reportedly phoned the driver.
According to the article, the driver heard Hilliard ask “What are you doing?” before screaming “No!” The phone was then reportedly dropped as the driver heard “a few muffling noises” before the phone went dead. By the time the driver returned to the home, Hilliard and the three men were gone.
Family members haven’t heard from Hilliard, who they say normally updates her Facebook page every day, since then.
If anyone has information on the case, they are asked to call Detroit Police at (313) 596-2200 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-SPEAKUP.
Read the full story here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM