Detroit Police Search for Missing Trans Teen
BY Winston Gieseke
November 09 2011 3:20 PM ET
More details have emerged in the case of a transgender teenager from Detroit who went missing two weeks ago.
The Detroit Free Press reports that Henry Hilliard Jr., 19, who goes by the names Shelley or Treasure, was last seen at 1:20 a.m. October 23 when a cab driver she often used for transportation dropped her off at home.
Hilliard’s mother, Lyniece Nelson, said three men were waiting for the teenager when she arrived home. Immediately after the cab drove away, a concerned Hilliard reportedly phoned the driver.
According to the article, the driver heard Hilliard ask “What are you doing?” before screaming “No!” The phone was then reportedly dropped as the driver heard “a few muffling noises” before the phone went dead. By the time the driver returned to the home, Hilliard and the three men were gone.
Family members haven’t heard from Hilliard, who they say normally updates her Facebook page every day, since then.
If anyone has information on the case, they are asked to call Detroit Police at (313) 596-2200 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-SPEAKUP.
Read the full story here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Style Hairy Hose for Hairless Bros? 8 min 20 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 41 min 40 sec ago
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 47 min 17 sec ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 1 hour 19 min ago
- Music Austra's Summer Soundtrack 1 hour 33 min ago
- Books James Franco's A California Childhood: Win Signed Copy 1 hour 39 min ago
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 2 hours 9 min ago