Man Sentenced to Life for Murder of Gay Teen
BY Josh Hinkle
April 04 2012 2:49 PM ET
Dante Parrish was sentenced to life in prison Tuesday after being convicted of the murder of gay 15-year-old Jason Mattison.
In 2009, Mattison was found dead in a house in the eastern section of Baltimore. His body was in a closet, and he had a pillowcase shoved in his mouth. His throat was cut, and he had been sexually assaulted, according to local TV station WBAL.
Parrish's sentence was influenced by an earlier conviction of the murder of a man in east Baltimore in 1999. Parrish was sentenced to 30 years for that crime but was released after 10 when a judge overturned the conviction. WBAL reports that when the judge who handed down Parrish's sentence Tuesday said, "You are not a ghoul or a thing that goes bump in the night. But you are every bit as frightening because you are real."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View