Case Begins Against Former 49er Accused of Attacking Ex-Boyfriend
BY Neal Broverman
January 29 2013 7:00 AM ET
Kwame Harris, a former player for the San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders football teams, appeared in court Monday following a bizarre brawl that his ex-boyfriend accuses him of initiating.
The incident happened in August in a Menlo Park, Calif., restaurant where Harris and Dimitri Geier were dining. The two weren't dating at the time, but did previously. At the restaurant, Geier poured soy sauce on some white rice, which he claims started a fight between the two. Geier says Harris left the restaurant after seven minutes of arguing, but later returned and said he was throwing Geier's belongings out of his car. Geier went to retrieve his things and claims Harris began shoving him inside the restaurant and attempting to pull his pants down because he believed Geier stole his underwear. The scuffle continued outside, where Harris allegedly punched Geier and broke several bones in his face.
If convicted, Harris could face seven years in jail. Geier also slapped Harris with a civil suit.
Harris was an offensive tackle for the 49ers, now heading to the Super Bowl, from 2003 to 2007, and joined the Oakland Raiders for a year in 2008. Read more here.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM