Pennsylvania Man Says His Family Is Targeted in Hate Attacks Because His Daughter Is Lesbian
BY Jase Peeples
July 07 2013 2:12 PM ET
John Namey, a man from Sarver, Pennsylvania, woke up on July 5 to find a swastika had been burned into the grass of his front lawn, reports WPXI Channel 11.
“It's a hateful thing. There is no place for that in this world, but unfortunately some people thrive on putting others down,” Namey told WPXI.
Unfortunately, this is not the first time Namey’s family has been the target of a hateful attack. A few days earlier, his stepson’s truck had been vandalized. Coins were super glued to the hood in the form of a derogatory image and pink paint had been splattered over the vehicle. Namey believes the reason his family is being routinely targeted is because his 16-year-old daughter is an out lesbian and has also been targeted in school as a result.
The crimes are now being investigated by the Buffalo Township police and the FBI has offered their assistance as well.
Namey described his family’s attackers as “ignorant and uneducated” and had a message for anyone who would attack another person because they are different. “Grow up. Let people be who they are,” Namey said. “Don't judge people based on race or sexual orientation. Everybody is different. Just let people live their lives and be happy.”
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 2 hours 50 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant March 15 2014 11:57 AM