Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2013
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2013 6:10 AM ET
Kelly Young was shot April 3 and died in a Baltimore hospital the next day — making April 4 an especially deadly day for trans women in the U.S. Young was 29 years old when she was shot inside her home on Barclay Street in east Baltimore. Family and friends say Young was well-liked in her community, and they urge anyone with information surrounding her death to come forward. Baltimore police were investigating the homicide as a possible hate crime but have yet to declare a definitive motive or arrest a suspect.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment