Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2013
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2013 7:10 AM ET
Kelly Young was shot April 3 and died in a Baltimore hospital the next day — making April 4 an especially deadly day for trans women in the U.S. Young was 29 years old when she was shot inside her home on Barclay Street in east Baltimore. Family and friends say Young was well-liked in her community, and they urge anyone with information surrounding her death to come forward. Baltimore police were investigating the homicide as a possible hate crime but have yet to declare a definitive motive or arrest a suspect.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality