Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2013
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2013 7:10 AM ET
Kelly Young was shot April 3 and died in a Baltimore hospital the next day — making April 4 an especially deadly day for trans women in the U.S. Young was 29 years old when she was shot inside her home on Barclay Street in east Baltimore. Family and friends say Young was well-liked in her community, and they urge anyone with information surrounding her death to come forward. Baltimore police were investigating the homicide as a possible hate crime but have yet to declare a definitive motive or arrest a suspect.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Russian Army Sings 'Barbie Girl'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule