Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2013
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2013 7:10 AM ET
A murder victim whose body was found in a trash can in Detroit November 8 has not been identified, but both LGBT advocates and police say the victim was a transgender woman. The body was discovered by a mother and son looking for bottles and scraps in trash cans. The can was located in an alley behind a bar. Little information has been released on the nature of the victim’s injuries.
Written by Sunnivie Brydum, Neal Broverman, Michael Regula, Michelle Garcia, and Trudy Ring.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete