Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2013
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2013 7:10 AM ET
A murder victim whose body was found in a trash can in Detroit November 8 has not been identified, but both LGBT advocates and police say the victim was a transgender woman. The body was discovered by a mother and son looking for bottles and scraps in trash cans. The can was located in an alley behind a bar. Little information has been released on the nature of the victim’s injuries.
Written by Sunnivie Brydum, Neal Broverman, Michael Regula, Michelle Garcia, and Trudy Ring.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- 11 Best Moments From the Marriage Argument Everyone's Talking About
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- Harry Styles Rocks A Michael Sam Jersey At St. Louis Concert