Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2013
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2013 7:10 AM ET
A murder victim whose body was found in a trash can in Detroit November 8 has not been identified, but both LGBT advocates and police say the victim was a transgender woman. The body was discovered by a mother and son looking for bottles and scraps in trash cans. The can was located in an alley behind a bar. Little information has been released on the nature of the victim’s injuries.
Written by Sunnivie Brydum, Neal Broverman, Michael Regula, Michelle Garcia, and Trudy Ring.
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun