Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2013
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2013 7:10 AM ET
Cemia "CeCe" Dove, a 20-year-old trans woman, was found in an Ohio pond, stabbed several times and tied to a concrete block. As if her death wasn't horrible enough, she was disrespected by the local media, especially The Plain Dealer of Cleveland, which refused to use her chosen name. Andrey Bridges, 36, was arrested and charged with murder in Dove's death.
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Kansas Gov. Stands Behind Marriage Ban, Decries 'Liberal Judges'
- N.C. Senate Leader Seeks to Let County Officials Opt Out of Same-Sex Marriages
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP