Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2013
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2013 7:10 AM ET
Eyricka Morgan was never accepted by her family and ventured out on her own in her early teens. She would eventually be embraced by the African American Office of Gay Concerns in Newark, N.J., where she became a maternal figure to younger LGBT kids. Morgan was stabbed to death in September at a boardinghouse in New Brunswick. Devonte Scott, 21, has been charged with the crime.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene