Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2013
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2013 7:10 AM ET
Eyricka Morgan was never accepted by her family and ventured out on her own in her early teens. She would eventually be embraced by the African American Office of Gay Concerns in Newark, N.J., where she became a maternal figure to younger LGBT kids. Morgan was stabbed to death in September at a boardinghouse in New Brunswick. Devonte Scott, 21, has been charged with the crime.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'
- Antigay Kentucky Clerk Makes Emergency Appeal to Supreme Court
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation