Man's Skull Bashed at Oregon Hot Springs
BY Michelle Garcia
December 12 2013 2:10 PM ET
Police in Oregon are searching for two men who are believed to have attacked a gay man and a bisexual man at a hot spring in Mt. Hood National Forest last week.
Mik Holland suffered a fractured skull after the attackers bashed him with a metal flashlight. He was also given a black eye. Holland's friend, unnamed in a report by KPTV, was also injured, but not seriously.
Holland and his friend struck up a conversation with the other men while soaking in tubs at Bagby Hot Springs. At some point after revealing their respective sexual orientations, Holland said he began to feel uneasy.
"I became sensitive, and maybe thought that one of them in particular was homophobic by just the questions he was asking me," Holland said to KPTV. "Like, 'Oh, I just don't understand how a guy can be with another guy.' I wasn't really forthcoming with information after that it was obvious that I was feeling uncomfortable."
The men left after Holland and his friend went to a different tub, but the duo returned and started beating Holland with a flashlight. Holland and his friend defended themselves, but the attackers fled the scene.
The flashlight was later recovered by the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office. According to the report, detectives are hoping that the fingerprints found on the flashlight will help identify the attackers.
- Sports College Swimmer Comes Out to Religious Mom 16 min 20 sec ago
- Media CNN to Test New Don Lemon Prime-Time Show 30 min 14 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Christian Pastors Involved in African LGBT Issues — But Not How You May Think 46 min 17 sec ago
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 58 min 12 sec ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 1 hour 15 min ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 2 hours 14 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 2 hours 20 min ago