A Day in Gay America, 2010
BY Advocate Contributors
July 12 2010 4:00 AM ET
7:15 a.m., Miami. Gregory Abplanalp (left) and his partner, filmmaker Reed Cowan (8: The Mormon Proposition), make a morning photo-op visit to the beach with sons Asher and Kai. “We are approaching the one-year anniversary of the twins’ adoption,” Cowan says, “and wanted a photo book for the birth families who chose us—a gay couple—to raise these amazing children.”
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room