A Day in Gay America, 2010
BY Advocate Contributors
July 12 2010 4:00 AM ET
9:45 a.m., Richmond, Va. Christian singer-songwriter Jennifer Knapp heads for her departure gate at the Richmond International Airport. “It’s rare when I get an escalator to myself,” she says. “Usually, I am one of the many anonymous in the transient crowd. But this captures how solitary being on the road can often feel.”
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant