A Day in Gay America, 2010
BY Advocate Contributors
July 12 2010 4:00 AM ET
9:45 a.m., Richmond, Va. Christian singer-songwriter Jennifer Knapp heads for her departure gate at the Richmond International Airport. “It’s rare when I get an escalator to myself,” she says. “Usually, I am one of the many anonymous in the transient crowd. But this captures how solitary being on the road can often feel.”
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Florida's Twice-Divorced Attorney General Opposes Lesbian Divorce
- Alaska High Schooler: Congressman's Apology 'Doesn't Mean Crap'
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)