A Day in Gay America, 2011: Work
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 21 2011 4:00 AM ET
4:28PM Northern Calif. This photo reflects my life and some might say, my attitude. The images are from Lebanon, where I visited for the first time in 2010. I have been photographing since 1969, when I first moved to San Francisco. The book is the latest I have work in: Arab & Arab American Feminisms – Gender, Nation, & Belonging (Eds. Abdulhadi, Alsultany, Naber, Syracuse University Press). The snake bracelet signifies my belly dancing and my going out dancing in general. — Happy/L.A. Hyder
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview