A Day in Gay America
BY Advocate Contributors
October 28 2011 4:00 AM ET
2:12PM Washington, D.C. (above left) Physician assistant Barbara Lewis examines a patient at Whitman-Walker Health, a Washington, D.C., community health center for LGBT patients and people living with HIV. Lewis has been a volunteer or employee at Whitman-Walker for 30 years.
2:15PM San Francisco (above right) While the Giants are away, George Birimisa spends an afternoon near AT&T Park. “On a game day, I have to be very careful to avoid the crowds of beer-drinking revelers, who may fall into my scooter as I run errands,” the Pittsburgh Pirates fan says.
2:30PM Chicago (above left) Seattle couple Jarred Lathrop and Patrick Carr trade gloomy weather for sunny skies as they peer into the Cloud Gate sculpture in Chicago’s Millennium Park.
2:34PM Madison, Wis. (above right) Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin speaks with a staffer.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled