A Day in Gay America
BY Advocate Contributors
October 28 2011 3:00 AM ET
2:12PM Washington, D.C. (above left) Physician assistant Barbara Lewis examines a patient at Whitman-Walker Health, a Washington, D.C., community health center for LGBT patients and people living with HIV. Lewis has been a volunteer or employee at Whitman-Walker for 30 years.
2:15PM San Francisco (above right) While the Giants are away, George Birimisa spends an afternoon near AT&T Park. “On a game day, I have to be very careful to avoid the crowds of beer-drinking revelers, who may fall into my scooter as I run errands,” the Pittsburgh Pirates fan says.
2:30PM Chicago (above left) Seattle couple Jarred Lathrop and Patrick Carr trade gloomy weather for sunny skies as they peer into the Cloud Gate sculpture in Chicago’s Millennium Park.
2:34PM Madison, Wis. (above right) Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin speaks with a staffer.
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! 6 min 50 sec ago
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas 36 min 56 sec ago
- Entertainment News Paul Rudd On Witnessing a Drag Queen Brawl 1 hour 3 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Airline 1 hour 6 min ago
- The Wedding Channel Gay Couples to Wed Atop 2014 Rose Parade Float 1 hour 38 min ago
- Music The Shondes: On Mixing Music & Politics 1 hour 39 min ago
- Travel London's Gay Travel Expo: Pool Party, Models, Giant Shoes 2 hours 21 min ago