A Day in Gay America
BY Advocate Contributors
October 28 2011 4:00 AM ET
5:10PM Los Angeles Music executive John Miraglia lets loose after a week of work at Bug Music.
5:35PM Cleveland Laurie (right) and Betsy Campbell with Henry, 5, and twins Hannah and Finn at a friend’s housewarming party. Says Laurie: “This picture—the laughter, the silliness, and the spontaneity—is a true representation of our beautiful gay family.”
5:38PM Jersey City, N.J. Steven Walsh, 24, waits for a call from his partner of two years on their anniversary. “We’re in a bit of a rough patch right now,” he says. “I know he cares for me, but I wish he would just wish me a happy anniversary, since we live 300 miles apart.”
6:11PM New Egypt, N.J. George Destories is joined in his backyard pool by his dog, Jake. Destories’s partner, Patrick Mackin, says, “Jake could not wait to get close to [George] when he got in the pool.”
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 5 Most Disappointing Things We Learned About HRC's 'White Men's Club'
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu