A Day in Gay America 2012: Are You Ready?
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2012 8:00 AM ET
For the last two years, tons of you from every corner of America sent photos and shared your lives as part of this annual special report. The response was terrific, and we’re putting together a big LGBT photo album again for 2012.
So get your cameras charged and ready, because we want to see what happens in your lives from dawn to late at night all over America on Friday, November 9, 2012. We want to see every aspect of LGBT life, from the mundane to the insane, from the glamorous to the gritty, whether you’re on an adventure or experiencing a quiet moment of solace.
You don’t need to be a professional photographer. Just mark your calendar, and on November 9 take a self-portrait, or have a friend photograph you or your family or friends doing anything that says something about who you are as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender person in the United States. The best photographs taken on that single day in the United States will be featured in a photo essay titled “A Day in Gay America” on Advocate.com.
Please think of "A Day in Gay America" as one way you can help The Advocate dispel what the Religious Right tries to sell America about LGBT people, and simultaneously your photos will inspire young people with the power of the project's hopeful message.
Help make this project a success by "liking" this post and sharing it via social media. When the day comes, please check back at Advocate.com for more details and instructions on how to submit your photos to “A Day in Gay America.”
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 4 min 36 sec ago
- Women This is the Meryl Streep/Hillary Clinton Selfie You Need In Your Life Right Now! 1 hour 15 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on TV 2 hours 2 min ago
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 2 hours 18 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 2 hours 33 min ago
- Travel Forget J.Lo, Windy City Gay Idol is the Hot Ticket 2 hours 36 min ago
- Parenting How Every Parent Should Respond to A Child Coming Out 2 hours 50 min ago