A Day in Gay America 2012: Are You Ready?
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2012 8:00 AM ET
For the last two years, tons of you from every corner of America sent photos and shared your lives as part of this annual special report. The response was terrific, and we’re putting together a big LGBT photo album again for 2012.
So get your cameras charged and ready, because we want to see what happens in your lives from dawn to late at night all over America on Friday, November 9, 2012. We want to see every aspect of LGBT life, from the mundane to the insane, from the glamorous to the gritty, whether you’re on an adventure or experiencing a quiet moment of solace.
You don’t need to be a professional photographer. Just mark your calendar, and on November 9 take a self-portrait, or have a friend photograph you or your family or friends doing anything that says something about who you are as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender person in the United States. The best photographs taken on that single day in the United States will be featured in a photo essay titled “A Day in Gay America” on Advocate.com.
Please think of "A Day in Gay America" as one way you can help The Advocate dispel what the Religious Right tries to sell America about LGBT people, and simultaneously your photos will inspire young people with the power of the project's hopeful message.
Help make this project a success by "liking" this post and sharing it via social media. When the day comes, please check back at Advocate.com for more details and instructions on how to submit your photos to “A Day in Gay America.”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 1 hour 39 sec ago
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM