Another Day at the Office for Gay America
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 10 2012 7:00 AM ET
7:50 p.m., San Francisco: Chef Josie Malave in the kitchen at the Parkside.
7:55 p.m., New York City: Max Von Essen tells us, "Every night, five minutes before the show starts, Rick comes into my dressing room to check on my microphone and make sure my hair looks OK. Then I head to the stage to play Agustin Magaldi in Evita."
8:23 p.m., New Haven, Conn.: Janelle Alvarez reads a quick passage from the book Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores to entertain herself during a slow night of work at the Yale Bookstore.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 28 min 18 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 42 min 41 sec ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 1 hour 3 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM