These Families Are All LGBT, and All American
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2012 6:00 AM ET
4:10 p.m., Fullerton, Calif.: This picture was taken at the end of a long day at the horse arena. Jan ran the family's horse, Sugar, in barrel races while cheered on by her partner, Beth Syverson, and their son, Joey. "This would be a family portrait except we're missing a few more animals," Jan said, noting they have three more horses, one more dog, two cats, and 12 chickens.
4:30 p.m., Seattle: Melissa Downs, partner Louise, and son Diego take a family photo before meeting some friends for dinner.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Op-ed: Pride Needs to Include More Than the Young and Cute
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos