These Families Are All LGBT, and All American
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2012 6:00 AM ET
4:10 p.m., Fullerton, Calif.: This picture was taken at the end of a long day at the horse arena. Jan ran the family's horse, Sugar, in barrel races while cheered on by her partner, Beth Syverson, and their son, Joey. "This would be a family portrait except we're missing a few more animals," Jan said, noting they have three more horses, one more dog, two cats, and 12 chickens.
4:30 p.m., Seattle: Melissa Downs, partner Louise, and son Diego take a family photo before meeting some friends for dinner.
- BREAKING: Supreme Court: Kentucky Clerk Must Issue Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- Op-ed: Jazz Jennings Is TV's Unsung Trans Heroine