These Families Are All LGBT, and All American
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2012 6:00 AM ET
4:10 p.m., Fullerton, Calif.: This picture was taken at the end of a long day at the horse arena. Jan ran the family's horse, Sugar, in barrel races while cheered on by her partner, Beth Syverson, and their son, Joey. "This would be a family portrait except we're missing a few more animals," Jan said, noting they have three more horses, one more dog, two cats, and 12 chickens.
4:30 p.m., Seattle: Melissa Downs, partner Louise, and son Diego take a family photo before meeting some friends for dinner.
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Arizona: Marriage Ban Wasn't Meant to Harm Gay Couples
- Tow Truck Operator Targets LGBT Drivers During Gay Days
- Op-ed: When A Trip to Provincetown Helps Moms And Dads Find Strength