These Families Are All LGBT, and All American
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2012 6:00 AM ET
4:10 p.m., Fullerton, Calif.: This picture was taken at the end of a long day at the horse arena. Jan ran the family's horse, Sugar, in barrel races while cheered on by her partner, Beth Syverson, and their son, Joey. "This would be a family portrait except we're missing a few more animals," Jan said, noting they have three more horses, one more dog, two cats, and 12 chickens.
4:30 p.m., Seattle: Melissa Downs, partner Louise, and son Diego take a family photo before meeting some friends for dinner.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV