These Families Are All LGBT, and All American
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2012 6:00 AM ET
6:10 p.m., Pasadena, Calif.: Trystan Reese tells us, "This is an ordinary night for us — my partner working on letters with our 2-year-old."
7:11 p.m., San Francisco: Jackie Strano, COO of Good Vibrations, her wife, writer Shar Rednour, and their kids gather around the dinner table.
7:28 p.m., Phoenix: Mark, Joy, and Donnie Larson. "We've raised Joy, Mark's biological daughter, since she was 2," says Donnie. "This was her birthday party at our home."
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops