A Day Without 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 13 2012 5:00 AM ET
7:30 a.m., Pearl Harbor, Hawaii: HM2(SW) US Navy Hospital Corpsman Jeffry Priela is a member of the military advisory council of the newly formed group OutServe-SLDN, which is for active duty LGBT members of the military. He's also founding vice president for the Gay Men's Chorus of Honolulu and an Equality Hawaii board member. His photo was taken in Hawaii after the biannual Navy Physical Readiness Test at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, and the memorial shown is of the Missing Man Formation.
8 a.m., Orlando, Fla.: "I am inspiring and educating our LGBT U.S. military personnel regarding fitness training and a healthy lifestyle," says Jonathan Gatz. His photo was taken during the Fresh Start Program at the OutServe-SLDN International Leadership Conference. Gatz said he plans to continue these training sessions at LGBT and U.S. military events around the world.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word