A Day Without 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 13 2012 4:00 AM ET
7:30 a.m., Pearl Harbor, Hawaii: HM2(SW) US Navy Hospital Corpsman Jeffry Priela is a member of the military advisory council of the newly formed group OutServe-SLDN, which is for active duty LGBT members of the military. He's also founding vice president for the Gay Men's Chorus of Honolulu and an Equality Hawaii board member. His photo was taken in Hawaii after the biannual Navy Physical Readiness Test at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, and the memorial shown is of the Missing Man Formation.
8 a.m., Orlando, Fla.: "I am inspiring and educating our LGBT U.S. military personnel regarding fitness training and a healthy lifestyle," says Jonathan Gatz. His photo was taken during the Fresh Start Program at the OutServe-SLDN International Leadership Conference. Gatz said he plans to continue these training sessions at LGBT and U.S. military events around the world.
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 1 hour 55 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 1 hour 59 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 2 hours 8 min ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 2 hours 13 min ago
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 2 hours 13 min ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 2 hours 22 min ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 2 hours 26 min ago