These Couples Prove Love Is Love
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 09 2013 5:00 AM ET
We asked readers to send us photos all day long on on 11/11. And we got hundreds of photos via Twitter, Instagram and old-fashioned email. This week we share the best images in the hope of dispelling what the religious right tries to sell America about LGBT people. Plus, we hope you find it as inspiring as we do to see everyone living proud.
7:29 a.m. H.L. Cherryholmes: "My husband and me headed for the airport."
7:52. a.m. "Kissing my husband on his first day of work after being laid off and unemployed for six months. It marks the end of one of the most difficult times in our 22 years together, with his unemployment, my short-term disability, and mother-in-law coming back home after being in the hospital for two months. Today was also the day we had to put our dog, Misty, down after 14 wonderful years. Would I have changed events if I could? No. What came out of this is strength, deeper love, and a sense of what family truly is."
8 a.m. "The look I get when I try to make a stupid face." —Ross Walker Smith
- Sports College Swimmer Comes Out to Religious Mom 7 min 32 sec ago
- Media CNN to Test New Don Lemon Prime-Time Show 21 min 26 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Christian Pastors Involved in African LGBT Issues — But Not How You May Think 37 min 29 sec ago
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 49 min 24 sec ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 1 hour 6 min ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 2 hours 5 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 2 hours 11 min ago