Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 10 2013 8:00 AM ET
11:48 a.m. "The day before my 15 years of service as teaching faculty ended, my colleague Alice Yafeh-Deigh, a postcolonial biblical scholar from Cameroon, hugged me in support as our student Susan Van Bemden snapped a cellphone pic. Love and community prevail even in times of conflict." — H. Adam Ackley
11:59 a.m. Melanie Austin says, "Having a partner in crime at work makes a day so much better. Love my colleagues."
12:10 p.m. Libby Walters is getting ready to face her adoring public conducting trains on the LIRR.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: There's No Christian Case for Raising Cash for Homophobes
- 35 Activists, Doctors, and Organizations Speak Out in Support of PrEP
- Hot Sheet: Divas and Demons
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)