Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 10 2013 8:00 AM ET
11:48 a.m. "The day before my 15 years of service as teaching faculty ended, my colleague Alice Yafeh-Deigh, a postcolonial biblical scholar from Cameroon, hugged me in support as our student Susan Van Bemden snapped a cellphone pic. Love and community prevail even in times of conflict." — H. Adam Ackley
11:59 a.m. Melanie Austin says, "Having a partner in crime at work makes a day so much better. Love my colleagues."
12:10 p.m. Libby Walters is getting ready to face her adoring public conducting trains on the LIRR.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Philly-Area Trans Teen Commits Suicide on Train Tracks
- Homophobe Scott Lively Will Be on Ballot for Mass. Governor
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen