Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 10 2013 8:00 AM ET
11:48 a.m. "The day before my 15 years of service as teaching faculty ended, my colleague Alice Yafeh-Deigh, a postcolonial biblical scholar from Cameroon, hugged me in support as our student Susan Van Bemden snapped a cellphone pic. Love and community prevail even in times of conflict." — H. Adam Ackley
11:59 a.m. Melanie Austin says, "Having a partner in crime at work makes a day so much better. Love my colleagues."
12:10 p.m. Libby Walters is getting ready to face her adoring public conducting trains on the LIRR.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher