Edie Windsor: Pope's Words Thrilled Me
BY Michelle Garcia
June 08 2014 1:19 PM ET
Edie Windsor, the plaintiff in the case that brought down a section of the so-called Defense of Marriage Act, said she would want to spend time with the Pope because of the "strength of his bully pulpit."
"I was in Provincetown, [Mass.], the day the papers said the quote of the Pope as saying, 'Who am I to judge?' I went around people's tables at the breakfast saying, 'Did you see this? Will you imagine this?' Right now, it thrills me," Windsor told Huffington Post Live last week. "I think of all the serious Catholic mothers who felt freed when he said that — free to love their kids."
Watch the full interview below:
- Broadway Bares Gets Naked for the 25th Time
- 16 Antigay Leaders Exposed as Gay or Bi
- WATCH: The Gays Are Recruiting, Warns Pat Robertson
- PHOTOS: The Bare Truths of Trans Men
- 23 Celebrities Who Lost Their Battle With AIDS
- WATCH: Funny or Die Envisions Parental Response to Josh Duggar's Sex Abuse Scandal