Edie Windsor: Pope's Words Thrilled Me
BY Michelle Garcia
June 08 2014 1:19 PM ET
Edie Windsor, the plaintiff in the case that brought down a section of the so-called Defense of Marriage Act, said she would want to spend time with the Pope because of the "strength of his bully pulpit."
"I was in Provincetown, [Mass.], the day the papers said the quote of the Pope as saying, 'Who am I to judge?' I went around people's tables at the breakfast saying, 'Did you see this? Will you imagine this?' Right now, it thrills me," Windsor told Huffington Post Live last week. "I think of all the serious Catholic mothers who felt freed when he said that — free to love their kids."
Watch the full interview below:
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- The Precarious Plight of Paul Richmond's Pinups