New Menswear Line Goes Under The Sea
BY Brian Andersen
June 24 2014 2:52 PM ET
British-born fashion designer Bobby Abley is making a splash by adorning Ariel, Ursula, and Sebastian on clothing sure to please even the most casual Little Mermaid fan. Premiering at London Men’s Fashion Week the cheeky line embraces both 90’s era skater style and intense Disney fandom. By stamping Ariel and friends across the baggy shorts and loose-fitted sweaters, the classic underwater characters are as hip and fresh as when they first hit movie screens in 1989. The Ursula outfit alone is worth selling your voice for.
Though it won’t debut in stores until the fall, Abley’s line is already making waves and gaining plenty of attention, and Danny Hyland’s Flotsam & Jetsam custom skateboards add an inspired touch. How soon will it be until we see these ensembles being a part of your world?
Check out more of the line on Bobby Abley's Instagram.
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?