WATCH: Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart Play the Newlywed Game
BY Patrick Yacco
April 21 2014 10:11 AM ET
In an interview for Buzzfeed Brews, actors Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart tested their knowledge of their stage partner's favorite things. Questions ranged from what were the duo's spirit animals, Patrick Stewart's favorite food, Ian McKellen's overused phrases, and their dream performances.
When Ian McKellen answered that the role he is dying to revive is Widow Twankey in the pantomime version of Aladdin, Patrick Stewart tells the audience, "I saw his Widow Twankey…and that is not a loaded remark." The studio responded to the saucy exchange with peals of laughter.
The two legendary actors spent several months in New York City performing on Broadway, using social media to share pictures of their adventures on and off stage. In fact, one reporter mistakenly assumed that Stewart was gay due to his close association with McKellen.
McKellen and Stewart can be see in next month's X-Men: Days of Future Past as mutant rivals Magneto and Professor X.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home
- WATCH: CIA Contractor Details Antigay Harassment by Colleagues in War Zone