6 HIV/AIDS Charities That Donald Trump Could Send a Check
BY Michelle Garcia
October 25 2012 1:25 AM ET
Donald Trump Wednesday unveiled his so-called earth-shattering announcement that was supposed to derail the Obama campaign. In dramatic fashion, the billionaire proposed donating $5 million to a charity of President Obama's choice on the condition that he release his college applications, transcripts, and passport history.
That $5 million bounty would be a lot for The Donald, given that he isn't known for his charitable giving (if that's how one describes this arrangement). The Smoking Gun points out that Trump's foundation has given away $7.7 million during the last 21 years.
Still, Trump had a few suggestions in his video announcement for Obama on how the bounty money could be directed to a list of causes, including AIDS research. Trump's hit NBC show The Celebrity Apprentice has made Trump a lot of money and meanwhile raised millions of dollars over its five seasons for charity, including several thousand dollars for HIV/AIDS charities and organizations. Based on that, we have a few suggestions for potential recipients of that hard-won $5 million check.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 1 hour 8 min ago
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM