How to Finally Quit Smoking
BY Dr. Scott Lewis
November 15 2012 5:15 AM ET
TIP 1: Identify Your Compelling Reason for Quitting
Experts have found that one of the most important factors for changing any unwanted behavior is having a strong, compelling reason for doing so. One of the main reasons people are unsuccessful in quitting smoking is that either they didn’t truly wish to quit in the first place or they lost sight of their original motivation to quit. Having and maintaining a strong reason for being a nonsmoker (e.g., greater health, increased stamina, whiter smile, money considerations) is an important key to becoming a nonsmoker.
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men