How to Finally Quit Smoking
BY Dr. Scott Lewis
November 15 2012 5:15 AM ET
TIP 3: Establish Three Agreements
It’s very beneficial to set up three agreements before becoming a nonsmoker. First, if you live with somebody who smokes, it is important that he or she agrees to never offer you a cigarette or leave cigarettes lying around the house (both of which are common causes of relapse). Second, institute the same agreement with coworkers, family members, and friends. The third and most important agreement is with yourself. The most common cause of relapse is accepting a cigarette that is offered to you. It is imperative that you make the agreement with yourself to never “have just one” cigarette or accept a cigarette that is offered to you once you have become a nonsmoker.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples