Italian Scientist: Vaccinations Cause Homosexuality
BY Michelle Garcia
April 02 2013 3:16 PM ET
An Italian scientist says vaccines are what makes people gay.
In an interview with Vice Italy (translated by The Huffington Post), 70-year-old scientist and journalist Gian Paolo Vanoli said that as a child grows up and tries to "find its own personality," if he or she has mercury or other substances in their system that linger from vaccinations, "the child becomes gay."
He adds, "The problem will especially be present in the next generations, because when gays have children, the children will carry along with them the DNA of their parent’s illness. Because homosexuality is a disease, even though the [World Health Organization] has decided that it is not."
Still, Vanoli has expressed support for marriage equality and the right of same-sex couples to adopt children.
- Debunking Bill Cosby's Claim He Can Read Women's Desires, Accuser Comes Out As Lesbian
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet