Italian Scientist: Vaccinations Cause Homosexuality
BY Michelle Garcia
April 02 2013 3:16 PM ET
An Italian scientist says vaccines are what makes people gay.
In an interview with Vice Italy (translated by The Huffington Post), 70-year-old scientist and journalist Gian Paolo Vanoli said that as a child grows up and tries to "find its own personality," if he or she has mercury or other substances in their system that linger from vaccinations, "the child becomes gay."
He adds, "The problem will especially be present in the next generations, because when gays have children, the children will carry along with them the DNA of their parent’s illness. Because homosexuality is a disease, even though the [World Health Organization] has decided that it is not."
Still, Vanoli has expressed support for marriage equality and the right of same-sex couples to adopt children.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers