Italian Scientist: Vaccinations Cause Homosexuality
BY Michelle Garcia
April 02 2013 3:16 PM ET
An Italian scientist says vaccines are what makes people gay.
In an interview with Vice Italy (translated by The Huffington Post), 70-year-old scientist and journalist Gian Paolo Vanoli said that as a child grows up and tries to "find its own personality," if he or she has mercury or other substances in their system that linger from vaccinations, "the child becomes gay."
He adds, "The problem will especially be present in the next generations, because when gays have children, the children will carry along with them the DNA of their parent’s illness. Because homosexuality is a disease, even though the [World Health Organization] has decided that it is not."
Still, Vanoli has expressed support for marriage equality and the right of same-sex couples to adopt children.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong