Free Meningitis Vaccines in West Hollywood
BY Michelle Garcia
April 22 2013 7:10 PM ET
Doctors and medical professionals will answer questions on meningitis and how it's affecting the local community around West Hollywood, Calif., on Tuesday evening. The event will also offer on-site vaccination for meningitis, and as well as answers to questions around the virus, which has been cause for concern in New York and now Los Angeles for the past several months.
According to the AIDS Healthcare Foundation, two 30-year-old men in Southern California have died from meningitis in December, in addition to the death of Brett Shaad earlier this month. However new analysis shows that there is no link between the infections in Los Angeles and New York.
In addition to answering questions, Parveen Kaur, MD, on behalf of the AHF's Impulse project, will also talk about the need to vaccinate as many people as possible, in this case, 3,000 people in just a matter of days.
In addition to this event, free meningitis vaccinations will be available at the AHF pharmacies in West Hollywood and Hollywood. Tuesday night's event will be at 7 p.m., at the West Hollywood Park Community Hall in the Library Building at 647 North San Vicente Blvd, 90069. Visit AHF's website for more information on the vaccinations and the virus.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died