WATCH LIVE: Obamacare's Impact on LGBT Americans
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 12 2013 12:54 PM ET
If you've been wondering how the Affordable Care Act will impact your life as an LGBT American, then today's the day to tune into the White House's live stream.
White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and Department of Health and Human Services secretary Kathleen Sebelius will present new research on the health and well-being of the LGBT community and how Obamacare will impact that well-being in a live broadcast today starting at 1:15 p.m. Eastern. The conference will be live-streamed by the White House and is embedded below.
According to a press release announcing the summit, the conference will discuss new policies affecting LGBT Americans as portions of the ACA take effect in 2014, including provisions that forbid insurers from denying coverage or raising premiums because a client is LGBT or because of a pre-existing condition like HIV or AIDS, requiring those insurers to cover preventive health care including mental health services, and helping uninsured Americans get coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Watch the livestream below, starting at 1:15 p.m. EDT.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM