WATCH LIVE: Obamacare's Impact on LGBT Americans
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 12 2013 12:54 PM ET
If you've been wondering how the Affordable Care Act will impact your life as an LGBT American, then today's the day to tune into the White House's live stream.
White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and Department of Health and Human Services secretary Kathleen Sebelius will present new research on the health and well-being of the LGBT community and how Obamacare will impact that well-being in a live broadcast today starting at 1:15 p.m. Eastern. The conference will be live-streamed by the White House and is embedded below.
According to a press release announcing the summit, the conference will discuss new policies affecting LGBT Americans as portions of the ACA take effect in 2014, including provisions that forbid insurers from denying coverage or raising premiums because a client is LGBT or because of a pre-existing condition like HIV or AIDS, requiring those insurers to cover preventive health care including mental health services, and helping uninsured Americans get coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Watch the livestream below, starting at 1:15 p.m. EDT.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown