Safe Text: The Messages That Are Changing Our Sex Lives
BY Advocate Contributors
March 03 2014 6:00 AM ET
The public awareness campaigns surrounding HIV/AIDS have been a staple of urban billboards, bus shelters, and LGBT magazines for decades. The messages promoting prevention and testing have taken every possible tack. But which message works best? Do the menacing ads promote stigma? Do the ads with muscled, smiling men reduce the urgency of testing? The images’ transformations over the years tell the story of developing priorities and innovative strategies, and a growing awareness that HIV doesn’t discriminate.
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Obama Cracks Marriage Equality Jokes at White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Antigay Ark. Rally Eclipsed by Protesters Shouting 'Love Is Love'
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party