Safe Text: The Messages That Are Changing Our Sex Lives
BY Advocate Contributors
March 03 2014 6:00 AM ET
The public awareness campaigns surrounding HIV/AIDS have been a staple of urban billboards, bus shelters, and LGBT magazines for decades. The messages promoting prevention and testing have taken every possible tack. But which message works best? Do the menacing ads promote stigma? Do the ads with muscled, smiling men reduce the urgency of testing? The images’ transformations over the years tell the story of developing priorities and innovative strategies, and a growing awareness that HIV doesn’t discriminate.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- ISIS Propaganda Claims Gays Are 'Pedophiles,' 'Animals'
- Op-ed: Gay People Raising Kids Has Shifted From Downfall to Salvation
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting